Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School 2008


We survived the first day of school! By we...I mean me. I struggle with this every year. I absolutely hate the kids being gone all day. It usually ends up a tear filled day for me. I managed to survive today by working 6 hrs, doing about 10 loads laundry, grocery shopping, and dishes. Before I knew it they were home. Wow! This might be ok after all. It is going to be so great working from home this year so that I can make them breakfast and get them ready, all while getting paid for it! I don't ever have to feel sad about not saying goodbye in the morning. I love it! The kids think they are going to have the best teachers ever (as they do every year), and we even finished homework with no fights (well except for Tyson's reading 30 min!). Here's to a good 2008 school year to all of you!

8 comments:

T said...

The kids look so cute. Kylie looks so grown up!! I am glad they are excited about school. That really helps. We missed you guys on Saturday! Did you have fun camping? We were hoping to go to dinner and a movie with you guys. I don't blame you for trying to cram in one last trip. Vacation gets a little sparse from here on out. Although, don't you have a really fun "without the kids" trip coming up? That will be a blast!

Brooke said...

I can't believe how old they all look! I am starting to freak out...Tay starts this coming Monday. I hate it too! I am loving that you are able to be home. It has got to make it soooo much easier for you. We sure miss you guys. xoxo

Louise said...

I'm really glad you get to stay home too- somehow it seems like you miss so much if your not there at the "crossroads" of their days. Here's to a great year for all of you!
P.S. Love the picture

Brenda said...

Handsome little devil and two beautiful girls! I think this year will fabulous with you working at home. I'm so excited for you! By the way, where are the basement "after" pictures?

Brenda said...

Oops. This year will BE fabulous. I know gooder english.

melanie said...

Man all three of them look older than the photo on your sidebar. Good luck guys, we have one week left and I have a countdown going on. We need a routine and FAST!

Becky Noftle said...

I love that the girlies will still wear matching skirts!! Kylie's hair looks like it was styled by a Mom this year, not a Dad. (No offense Brian, Michael doesn't even attempt the do's you've done!) Aren't we all proud of Brennies gooder english, it's nice to have such brainiacs in the fam.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Singin' in the rain/hail is such summer fun. ofcourse The kids are getting to look a little too old for Great Granny Dee Ann. Would love to see you all. I'll work on that!!!!!!!!!!!