Monday, February 1, 2010

Winds of Change

The winds of change are blowing at the Wade home. A major event has occurred. I have finally moved on from Discover Card. It is official. Discover was such a great company to work for, but lets face it...I was miserable the last year! Eight years was as long as I could stand it. Call it my bad attitude or the bad economy, either way, it was bad! It was time for a change. Today I started my new position with Jet Blue Airlines. I wasn't supposed to start until the end of Feb, but some needs came up and a group of us started early. I will be doing airline reservations from home. (Once I finish my 4 weeks training). I am excited for the flight benefits, health benefits, and of course working from home! Plus...one of Jet Blue's core values is FUN! I figured you can't go wrong working for a company who has FUN in it's mission statement. Even if it is half the pay as my last job. They say money doesn't make you happy anyway, right? I will be working graveyard shifts, so keep me in your prayers. This ought to be good. I am NOT a night person (working the last 8 years at Discover early mornings), so my goal is to not fall asleep and get fired my first week. Another goal: to not gain 20 lbs the first month, eating candy all night long. Wish me luck! All I know is that Change is Good!

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Good luck, Holly!

melanie said...

You are so funny Holly! Falling asleep the first week and eating candy, thanks for the laughs. Seriously though, good luck at Jet Blue! I'm so glad you're done with depressing Discover and onto FUN! Love ya!

Brenda said...

Here here (to flight benefits and FUN benefits)!

Heather said...

Change is definately good when it involves ditching Discover card! Good Luck- I know you will be awesome!

Becky Noftle said...

I worry about you driving after working a graveyard, but let's be honest, we should always worry when an Andersen Girl is driving! I am so glad you are done at Discover too. I don't like the stress they put your heart under. I must go, the children need discipline---AGAIN.

Louise said...

I worry about you driving after working all night too, probably because that was my major problem with working nights, but.... I think this is a much needed change for you so roll down the windows and crank up the radio!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Holly, I had to laugh after your mom's comment! Both her and your dad can fall asleep driving! I sure hope you have GPa Andersen's genes..... he could drive the WHOLE night to Utah with all of us asleep in the car. Probably because it was the only peace he ever got! ha

Emmilee said...

Holly!! I am totally going to miss you! I am happy for you though- I know how bad you have wanted to get out of there!!!
Promise you will keep in touch. I am pregnant right now- 19 weeks so I will have to keep you posted.
Email
happygirl@oasisbb.net
Love ya girl!
Emmilee

Brooke said...

I am thrilled for you! I hope jet blue works out for you. I am sure it will. Miss you guys! xoox