Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day! My Mom is too far away. Seriously too far away! I LOVE my Mom soo unbelievably much. She is patient, wise, giving, supportive, understanding, and beautiful. I am so incredibly blessed to have her. She has gone through alot with me. And I mean ALOT! I can't imagine the patience, time, money, and energy that was spent on my many medical adventures. Surely she sacrificed much to take care of her sickly child...me! The worry, stress and unkown of having a heart baby in the early 1970's is hard for me to comprehend. Babies did not survive back then like they do today. Yet, it seemed effortless for her. How does she make motherhood look so easy, when I struggle just to get everyone, fed, clothed, and to school everyday? My mother has many talents. A few of which include sewing, playing the piano, and being a great nurse. I am a little bitter however, that she didn't pass on any of her talents to me! The way she is patient with my Father and his many "hobbies", is inspiring. How she gracefully endures through trials and the calm, encouraging support she gives us children during times of trial, is a great example to everyone around her. Heavenly Father knew I needed someone great to be my Mom. He sent me the best. Happy Mothers Day Mom. I love you with all my heart! xoxoxoxo

5 comments:

Louise said...

As I was sitting here reading your post I was thinking that it really wasn't that hard raising you and your siblings, I mean sure there were a few tough times, but all in all not that bad- then I scrolled down a little and noticed the previous post again (about the Olympics). Ok, maybe there were a few more bumps in the road than I'm remembering! How can I complain though, you and your sisters (and sis-in-law) are such great Moms it was all worth it, believe me!! Love you and thanks for the kind words!!

Brenda said...

She is amazing. We have the best mom (not to brag or anything). Happy Mother's Day! Love you!

Heather said...

Great post you suck-up :) Just kidding our Mom's the best- no doubt about it!!

melanie said...

I love your mom too, she is one amazing lady!! I realllllly admire her ability to stay patient with all the hobbies! Honestly, how does she do it? Love you Aunt Louise!!

Heidi said...

What a nice post for you Mom!!! Happy Mother's Day!