Saturday, November 14, 2009

Snow and a sleepover!

I swear Utah is bi-polar! It can't decide what season it wants to be. We had 70's, then snow a few weeks ago, then high 60's again all this week, and snow today! The kids always have a blast playing in the first good snowfall. I can't tell you how much we got today because it is still snowing like crazy! Tyson and Sydney had a couple friends over and built a snow "ramp" off the front porch steps. Yikes! They have also fine tuned their plan to become rich shoveling all the neighbors driveways this winter. If you live close by, consider yourself warned! Meanwhile Kylie is upstairs sleeping the afternoon away. She had 5 friends over for a sleepover last night and bed time ended up around 4:30a.m.! They were so loud it was unbelievable, but they were having such a great time that I couldn't bear to tell them to quiet down! I was thoroughly entertained just listening to them! They played wii, dance dance revolution, painted nails, ate pizza, watched a scary movie, and other activities that had them laughing so loud I was waiting for cops to show up and give us a ticket for disturbing the peace or whatever. I have no idea what they were doing around 2 am but it sounded like a herd of elephants upstairs. I was waiting for my ceiling fan to come down on me any minute! I am so mad I didn't get pictures of them, because they ratted their hair to high heaven and played rock band like pro's. It was quite the sight! Kylie has such a great group of friends, we love when they come over! Even if it means a sleepless night for all!

4 excited kids! Think the excitement will last 6 more months? (Tyson in front)



Tyson and Carter hard at work!

6 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

What the SNOW? Come to Vegas Baby, it's a warm 64 degrees here! ha I have had to use my heater! Last week I was still using the air conditioner. Weather, make up your mind..... I love LOOKING at the kids playing in the snow. Be sure and keep your rep. in Utah. Greatest Snow on Earth. Yeah, I think I would rather be the Silver State. Too bad I don't have a mine! I better get my long-johns out to go to WA.

Nat said...

so glad our boys have a great home to come to and play! we love tyson at our house as well. good friends are so important. love you guys!

Granny DeeAnn said...

I meant (rep.) Utah's reputation! You know me didn't think I could spell it! Ha

Becky Noftle said...

Today we had the kids write down their favorite primary song--in the primary of 50 kids the "snowman" song won hands down. I don't get it--snow sucks!!

T said...

The snow ramp sounds fun!! The 4 am sleep over, Yikes!! You are a patient momma. LOVE your new family pictures!!!

Brooke said...

Perfect Analogy! Utah= bipolar! Love it. Miss you guys! We need a game night asap! xoxo