Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WHAT!! My baby is 9!

Man it is really time for a catch up post! I am on a little leave of absence from work right now, but have never felt busier! How does that happen? Although there are about 10 things I need to post about...only one thing matters right now. Yesterday Tyson turned 9! I can't believe my baby is 9 years old! I hate that he is growing up, although he gets more and more fun each year. Tyson is such a character in our family. The boy NEVER holds still. He is jumping, flipping, doing handstands, and moving ALL day long. He is exhausting to watch! It is no wonder I can't get any weight on this boy. He must burn 5,000 calories an hour! Tyson loves basketball, gymnastics, scouts, playing the wii, playing with his friends, singing all the time, and fishing/camping with his Dad. He has decided he likes school this year, although still isn't loving reading like the girls do. He loves math and is quite a whiz at it too. I am so grateful for this little boy in our family. He is almost always happy and is a great helper to me. He is a mamas boy all the way, and I get the privilege of "snuggling" him every night at bed time. That is when he likes to talk my ear off. He is good at stalling bed time! Brian and Tyson spend many hours watching "monster jam", and all kinds of hunting shows, and just talking boy talk. Tyson is so lucky to have a Dad that LOVES being with him every minute that he can. He gets pretty sick of us girls! We had a small party with a few friends and cousins yesterday after school. They started out sledding for an hour or so, then came home for hot chocolate and pizza. Our first big snow storm came just at the right time. Tyson loves sledding! Next they opened presents and then had cake and ice cream. Tyson has such great friends and cousins, and they were so much fun to have all together! After the party was over, we watched Night at the Museum 2, and had popcorn, Tyson's favorite snack.

Tyson REFUSED to wear a hat. Whatever dude!


They were totally bugged I made them stop and pose for a picture!


An awesome nerf sword from Carter! Thank heavens it is nerf!


A sweet pocket knife from Davin! YIKES!


A super fun remote control truck from Wes, Brax, and Dex! He LOVES it!


A Wii accessory kit from G& G Wade. FUN!



His Favorite gift from Mom and Dad. A RIPSTICK with light up wheels! Suhwheet!


As you can tell, Tyson scored once again! It was a great day! Now that sledding is over, the snow needs to melt so he can ride his ripstick! I think waiting until April is going to be torture! Happy Birthday Buddy! We love you to pieces!

7 comments:

Granny DeeAnn said...

Happy Birthday Tyson. Love all the December birthdays. Who needs Christmas? Looks like fun in the snow!

Brenda said...

Oh how I miss being there for birthday's! We will see you soon and then your favorite aunt will give you one of my back breaking hugs. Miss and love you to pieces big guy (that's figurative). Happy Birthday!

Louise said...

I'm so jealous, I want a ripstick-NOT! Please don't break any bones before Christmas, ok? I can't believe your 9 either Tyson, see you in a couple of weeks buddy. Love you!

Heather said...

Happy birthday to our favorite little Tyson! We love you!

melanie said...

I don't see him much but when I do, you're right, he never sits still!! I can see him loving that ripstick. I agree, no broken bones. Happy Birthday Tyson!!

Becky Noftle said...

Happy birthday to Tyson, the man who shares your birthday wishes you a happy one too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.