Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Finally!

Finally the kids are out for Christmas break! I thought it would never happen. It seems like every other school got out on Friday, but our poor kids had to go through Tuesday! They didn't mind as they were just playing the last 2 days, but I'd rather they were playing with me! I'm selfish that way. I've had a terrible head cold since Saturday, the first one I have had in several years. I have simply GOT to get better by this Saturday since we are staying with Jackson and his ANC is getting pretty low from his chemo. I am downing the vitamin C like nobody's business! Keep your fingers crossed for me! So today we slept in, and it was glorious. Kylie and Brian are on their way to the temple, and I think some baking for the rest of us is in order!
I haven't posted in a while because I still don't have a camera. A post without pictures just isn't the same. I'll tell you, Santa had better bring me a camera in a few days or he will be sleeping outside in the snow! I have felt completely lost without a camera the last couple of months. You might as well take my right arm too! I feel like I have missed so much. Thank heavens I have had my Mother in Law's camera for major events. Don't disappoint me Santa! I really hope to be posting again in a few days, with lots of pictures to share!
It is snowing right now and it makes Christmas break seem more exciting. The kids are loving every minute of it! It is supposed to clear out by the time we leave to Washington, so that's all I care about! Clear roads! We finally got around to watching the First Presidency Christmas devotional Monday night, and we all loved when President Monson instructed us to not only think about what we are going to spend our money on this Christmas, but how are we going to spend our time? I have spent the last day calling all the homeless shelters and other places trying to find a place for us to volunteer. EVERYTHING is full through the holidays! Crazy! I finally found a place for us to serve, after a million phone calls and 2 million transfers all over the place.(At least it felt that way!) Bright and early tomorrow morning we are headed down to Welfare Square for some good old service to be rendered. We can't wait. I have no idea what we will be doing, but I am sure it will be great for the kids. (Brian and I too!) Hope you are all enjoying your break so far! This is such a great season to reflect on our blessings, and they sure are many. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

Good post Holly, and good idea about the service. I helped at a homeless shelter in Provo once during college, I'll never forget it.

Louise said...

What a great idea Holly. I'm anxious to hear how it turned out. Maybe we could get something like that arranged around here. I for one am sick of shopping, too many people and too many cars! Don't these people know there's a recession going on? It's time to switch gears and do something closer to the spirit of Christmas!

Brenda said...

You're such a good example big sister. I totally understand what mom is saying. Last night Trevor went to WalMart for me at midnight to get more formula. He said it was packed and totally chaotic. It has felt so nice the last day or two to just hang out at home and bake and spend time with the kids. I can't wait to see you in 2 days!!!!!!!! Get better!

Heather said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow. I'll be waiting for your call- that is if you got a phone working!