Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Florida!

So after our quick, but awesome time in NYC we headed down south to Florida. It was HOT HOT HOT! We had a great time visiting Universal Orlando, Universal Islands of Adventure, Siesta Key Beach, Cocoa Beach, and hanging out at our resort. We opted out of Disney World because our kids are more into the thrill rides than Disney princesses and such. We were kind of bummed because the huge new Harry Potter world wasn't opening until the following weekend, but much to our surprise they were letting people in for a few hours for a sneak peek. We were headed to a roller coaster and suddenly found ourselves in the middle of Harry Potter world. Way cool! We were a little sunburned, a whole lot exhausted, and had a weeks worth of great memories by the end of our trip!

Universal Orlando


Jurassic Park


The water rides SAVED us! We ended up soaking wet, and LOVED it!


Tyson and I with the Harry Potter Castle behind us


This picture is for my bro in law Michael...the Ron Jon Surf Shop...where he used to go school shopping! Bring back memories Michael?


YIKES!



Popeye and Olive Oil stopped by for a visit!


The following pictures are for Becky and Brenda...my sisters who are HUGE Harry Potter fans! I KNOW they would have LOVED all this...I didn't really get most of it! So fast forward if you aren't a Harry Potter fan!

The Castle






A big bird??


A huge hallway with pictures on it...and the pictures CHANGED before your eyes...or the people moved in them. It was way cool!


Dumbledorf's library. (sorry...NO idea how to spell his name?)




A candy shop complete with chocolate covered frogs!


The Hogwarts Express!


People were drinking this stuff like it was real beer! Guess I should have tried it!


Ok Becky and Brenda...I hope you enjoyed that! My camera battery went dead trying to help you feel the Harry Potter spirit! Now, back to our trip....


Brian and the girls enjoying the ocean.


Our one and only tennis experience at the resort. We decided it was too HOT for tennis in Florida!



Goofing around in the pool!


I took a lot more video than I did pictures, and I don't have the patience to load them tonight....maybe later? But don't count on it! In other news:

Kylie left yesterday for Trek. I am feeling a bit anxious about her trip, and maybe a little tiny bit of how a Mom feels sending their son out on a mission. (except it is 4 days not 2 years!) I am SOOO glad she is going, but really hoping and praying she has a great time, and returns home safe. I know it is going to be so hard for her, but I hope she learns and grows from the experience. They went to Martins Cove and the weather called for 90 degrees each day, with not a shade tree to be found in the place, so I've heard. Oh man, I hope she survives! We have been sewing our little hearts out getting her skirt, bonnet, bloomers, and aprons ready. Heather had just got back from her Trek, so she had plenty of great ideas for us, helped us sew, and loaned us her spare clothes. She saved us big time! We had to have her at the church at 3am this morning! YIKES! She was upbeat and happy at 2:30am, so I couldn't ask for more than that!

Heather hard at work sewing! I would have helped...but I had to take pictures!



Kylie cutting out her bloomers


Think we made them big enough? Maybe she was going to sneak Sydney in there with her!


The cutest pioneer ever! Keep her in your prayers the next few days! :0)


Brian and I are leaving tomorrow for Puerto Rico for our 15th anniversary trip. Good thing I am quitting jetBlue soon, these trips are getting ridiculous! Ridiculous in a good way!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love the pictures of the ocean. It looks so warm! I think I'm going to try and sneak into your bag for the Puerto Rico trip- think Brian would mind? You will have so much fun. Can't wait to hear all about Kylies trek. I've been thinking about her constantly.

Brenda said...

It pains me to read this post. First of all, it's Hogwarts. That's the castle. Second of all, it's Dumbledore. Not Dumbledorf (that one hurt Holly) and you were in his office, not his library. And thirdly, it is so not fair that Becky didn't get to see it when she was there. Where's the justice? And fourthly (not sure that's a word) I'm so glad you had a good time, I'm jealous you are going to Puerto Rico, and Kylie will be in our prayers! Love you!

Louise said...

Wow, hope you don't get bored this summer!! Awesome pictures, can't wait to see all of you world travelers in person here in a few weeks!

T said...

Cutest lil' pioneer I've ever seen!! That Harry Potter's place looks pretty neat. Although, my kids have never seen it. We started watching the very first one, and it scared them to death. Can't wait to see you vacationeers in a few weeks and hear all about your experiences in person!!!