Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New York City!

About the last 5 years Kylie has wanted to go to New York. I let her keep dreaming, hoping that her rich fiance would take her someday. Then I got a job for an airline. It happened to be that New York was one of the 2 cities that have a non-stop flight from SLC. PERFECT! So, it was only natural that New York was our FIRST big vacation spot this year. (As it turned out we couldn't get out of SLC standby, so we had to drive to Vegas and leave from there. jeBlue really needs to figure out that 2000 employees and 3 flights a day really STINKS!!) Anyway, My sweet Aunt Deeann drove us to the airport and let us park the rotten tomato at her house for the week. And...we were off! Kylie sang New York songs and giggled with delight. She was sooo excited that she didn't sleep at all on the red eye over. Neither did Brian or I. We suddenly felt rejuvenated once we landed in the big city, and hit the ground running! It was hot, hot in NY, but that didn't slow us down! We had the BEST tour guide ever, my brother in law Shawn, who has lived in NY before. He helped us to see more in a day and a half than most people see in twice that much time. Never mind the blisters we had...it was totally worth it! He also kept us away from places where we might potentially be gunned down or who knows what! Kevin and Corbin, and Grandma joined us from Atlanta, and it was sooo great for Tyson to have a buddy with him for once. Those boys had a blast together! Here are some photos of our trip.

After flying all night, we stopped for breakfast at the JFK airport. We didn't dare head out of the airport until we had our trusty tour guide with us!


Brooklyn Bridge


On the Staten Island Ferry


Statue of Liberty
\

Brian and I with NYC behind us


Brian having a 20 min power nap on the Ferry. Red eye flights are BRUTAL!


Tyson and Corbin with their NY hats! Are they cool or what?


Sydney and I at ground zero


The gang in front of the Empire State Building


Times Square at night


Tyson and Corbin loving Times Square


Rockefeller Center (where they film the Today Show)


Inside the NBA Store...a life size bobble head of Shaq. Seriously his calves were twice the size of Brian's arms! This guy is HUGE! It was almost unreal! Except that it was real!


Central Park. It is HUGE....50 square blocks! Beautiful too!


The END.

6 comments:

Jon and Nicole said...

I've always wanted to go to NY! That's so fun that you all went. I love all of your pictures!

Nat said...

so fun to see all your pictures. i love the two boys holding hands in the last photo. :)

Brenda said...

I LOVE NYC! Someday I'm going to take Trevor there! Looks like you guys had a fantastic time!

Louise said...

I'm so glad you got to spend a little time in NYC, its definitely worth the effort, great pictures too!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Love the pictures Holly. I hope you have recovered. Let the kids know I'm getting my iPad on Monday. I'm sure that will bring them back. It was fun seeing all of you even if you were pooped when you got back. Girls weekend!!! Love you, AD

Heidi said...

What a fun trip! You are smart to take advantage of those free flying benefits. Kyle and I went to NYC for our honeymoon b/c that is where he went on his mission. He was a great tour guide...I would still be lost in the subway system! It was fun there.