Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's been a while!

So, I am a little behind. Or maybe A.L.O.T. behind. We have been busily enjoying life. Here are a few things we've been up to. School started a little over a month ago, and suddenly time is just gone! We moved, and are all settled in our new ward, neighborhood, and schools. Tyson is at Pony Express Elementary in 4th grade, and the girls are at Vista Heights Middle School. It is so fun for me to be working at the school where the girls are. It is a great blessing to wake up and be thoroughly excited to go to work! It is a new, and extremely grateful feeling.


Tyson on the first day of school. (Notice his shirt is on backwards?)



Kylie on the first day of school, in my office. (It is now decorated!)



Tyson is a quarter of the way through his soccer season, and has decided soccer isn't as bad as he originally thought. He is playing on a competitive team this year, which includes some travel, but he loves it. His team is learning a lot, and slowly improving. We'll leave it at that! But most importantly, they are having a great time together.


What a good lookin' soccer player!



Go Tyson go!



We went up the canyon a the weekend before last, on our way to Tyson's soccer game in Heber. Along the way we stopped and shot bb guns, did some fishing and went on a little hike. Tyson's BFF Carter came along so Tyson could enjoy these activities with a buddy. Then, last weekend, we went up the canyon again, and took some family pictures. Oh, we also climbed the "Y" a few weekends ago, and it was a little harder and steeper than I was thinking it would be. Sydney's BFF, Brooke came along on this trip. It was an amazing view though, and totally worth the effort of climbing 1000 feet in about a mile! It has been such great weather, and we are trying to get out and enjoy it before winter rears it's ugly head. It has been so HOT for September, but you won't hear me complaining one bit. I know the snow will be coming way to soon!


Tyson, Carter and Sydney at Cascade Springs.



Enjoying a little stroll in the mountains. Beautiful!



Love this picture of Brian & Syd.



Is this scary or what?



Tyson and his BFF Carter



Don't ask if they caught anything!



Top of the "Y". What a view!



Tyson and Brooke were troopers. Sydney, not so much.



A few family photos we took:











Brian and Tyson, and all the Wade boys in the family, went on their annual "Boulder Mountain Trip" over labor day. It is Tyson's favorite trip in the world becuase he gets to spend 3 whole days with his cousin Corbin from Atlanta. It is a crime these boys are not closer! They had fun doing boy stuff, while the girls and I had even more fun doing girl stuff. They fished, played baseball, shot bb guns, hiked and whatever else it is boys do while in the mountains. The girls and I got our hair done, painted our nails, watched chick flicks, ate at some yummy resturaunts, and of course shopped. I don't know who looks more forward to this boys/girls weekend, but I hope this yearly tradition goes on forever! Sadly there are no pictures of us girls, because Brian snuck the camera with him!


I freaked just a little when I saw this picture of the boys carving away. Yikes!




The finished result of the carving. (I think Brian helped, too!)



Nothing like playing baseball in the fresh mountain air!



My boys. Two peas in a pod!

6 comments:

Heather said...

It's about time! Loved the pictures. It kills me to see the girls looking like real teenagers.... must mean we're getting old too. Love you guys!

Brenda said...

Love love love it! Miss you guys!

Nat said...

love the update with pictures. such a fun time of year! glad theirs still soccer to get us together.

T said...

So glad you updated! Your family pics are BEAUTIFUL! I love them! Super cute! Looks like your fall is off to a great start. We are still talking about the boulder mtn trip here at our house. MAKE IT STOP!!! I get a weekend of peace from it (when they actually go on the trip), and then we start right back on it again when they get home :) I'm glad they all have such a great time! Hope to see you guys in a few months!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Great update Holly.I want to be in Utah. However I'll have to look up to the "Y" not down! The family pictures are priceless and the one of you and Heather I love! I miss you guys and would love to see you. Don't wait so long to update next time! :o)

melanie said...

Love the update Holly. I'd love to hike the Y sometime. You could be my tour guide. Your family pictures are great! I'm going to attempt them this weekend. Heaven help me.

What's with my mom telling someone to update more often. Hello, have you seen her blog?? :)