Sunday, February 3, 2008

Winter Wonderland...blah blah blah








So I am really getting sick of all this snow! It seems like every other day we get a storm. Yesterday the sun came out and melted almost all the snow. That hasn't happened in months. But don't worry...it didn't last long...this is what we woke up to this morning. 5-6" of new snow, or more! At least it is very consistant...snow one day...not the next..snow the next day..you get my drift. It was so funny, I don't know if you can see in the picture...but we had 8 neighbors all shoveling at the same time. I better not hear the word drought one time this summer! And I am watering my grass as much as I dang well please!


Ok...so Tyson had his first swim meet ever yesterday. He was sooo excited! He was like a kid on Christmas Eve! He could hardly wait until it was his turn to swim. He was bouncing all over the place counting the events until it was time for his butterfly, his first event. So he gets up on the block all smiles...so ready to go, and as soon as he jumped in the water his goggles came off. Oh man, my heart just sank. He had to hang on to the rope to get them back on, which disqualified him. His goggles have NEVER fallen off before...what perfect timing for that to happen! He was only sad for a minute...then was back to bouncing up and down waiting for his freestyle. He had such a great attitude! He swam great and even won a 5th place ribbon! Great job Tyson! He had a blast...and thats what it's all about! Sydney did great too..winning 4 ribbons out of 4 events! She got a 2nd place in her butterfly, 3rd in backstroke and freestyle, and 5th in her breast stroke. Great job Sydney! She had about 30 girls swimming in each event...so she did awesome with such tough competition! She didn't even cry before her meet, which is monumental! In my pictures, you can always tell which swimmer is Sydney because she refuses to wear a cap. She says it gives her a headache! Then we topped off the night with the girls and I going to the Hannah Montana 3-D movie concert movie. It was great. The girls loved every minute of it...and I actually enjoyed it too! I guess we'll finish off a great weekend with the superbowl. The great thing about the superbowl is that there is good food, it makes for the END of football season. Hooray!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm so bummed for Tyson but proud of him at the same time! Have fun in the snow, we're thinking of you!

Shannon said...

We are going to that movie tonight - I am glad you liked it. It makes me feel better about going.