Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mom


I know there will be many out there who want to fight me on this one...but I truly have the WORLDS GREATEST MOM!!!! She is so kind, loving, smart, hardworking, beautiful, and most of all patient. Four daughters and a spoiled little boy could not have been easy for her. Four teenage daughters and one bathroom was not ideal and there were a few curling irons flying from time to time. Mom always knew how to handle our emotions...mostly because she would not get emotional with us...which would have been disasterous. I really have NO memories of my Mom losing her temper. She was always patient and loving, and I wish I would have gotten that from her. I am so thankful for my Mom and all she taught me. She is a wonderful Grandmother too, and my kids love her to pieces. I only wish we lived closer. Although we are far, my Mom makes sure my kids know how much she loves them...and she tries to stay involved in their lives. Thanks Mom for all you do for my family. We LOVE you beyond words, and hope you have the greatest day! I LOVE YOU!!! Happy Mothers Day! Also a shout out to my Mother-in law who is the worlds Greatest Mom in law! I love her so much, and couldn't have hand picked a better Mother in law...had I searched the world over. She is a very giving and thoughtful person, and I am so thankful for the way she raised my dear husband. Thanks for all you do for our family! Happy Mothers Day to you too Janine! (Why do I have NO pictures of my Mom without Dad??)

6 comments:

Louise said...

Your too sweet Holly. Thank you so much- and you only threw the curling iron 4 or 5 times, not bad. Love you and have a great day! Mom

melanie said...

Your mom is amazing! Four daughters has me breaking out in hives and she did a fabulous job! Great post Holly.

Oh and pictures from Sat are on my blog now. You'll have to see the new house color. SO much better.

T said...

What are you talking about, you are the most patient person I know! I think about you every time I'm ready to scream at my kids! It was great to read about your Mom.

Heather said...

Perfect post for a perfect mom! We love you!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Such a sweet tribute to the best sister-in-law any one could have. I knew her before you Holly and I second all you have said. She even puts up with me. Now we just need to figure out how she puts up with my brother. Tee, hee

Brenda said...

Ditto sister. Our mom is da bomb!