Saturday, May 17, 2008

One of those Days!!




So yesterday was "One of those days" .... I got behind some guy on Redwood Road on my way to work at 5:30 am. that decided it would be fun to drive 40 mph the WHOLE way! I was going crazy. Needless to say I was late for work (only 2 min...but if you know me this is HATING IT!) Then work was just one of those days when I called Brian telling him I was quitting! He is used to this as I do it about once a month. Then I'm over it.


Then when I got home from work the shop called (where my van had been because it wasn't starting) and it was only $700 to get it fixed. Phew...I thought it was going to be like $200 so that was a nice surprise.


Next Kylie starts yelling from the basement...Mom....the basement is flooding. WHAAAAT??? You got it...my office where I am about to start working from home in 2 weeks is FLOODED! WHAAAT?? Carpet soaked...paint bubbling and peeling and soaking wet....the whole deal. Remember we just finished painting this room and getting it ready within the last 6 mos. The pictures do not give you the full effect. Two hours later we almost had it cleaned up. Now we just need to re-carpet, drywall and paint. No biggie...I have two weeks to do it in...and no husband. Shouldn't be a problem for me...I am pretty handy. Yesterday I even changed the light bulbs in the kitchen. Well...today is beautiful and sunny 85 deg. so I know it is going to be a wonderful day. Thank heavens yesterday only lasted 24 hours!

8 comments:

Louise said...

Yikes, that really stinks Holly! On top of that the Jazz lost last night, so Brian had a bad day too, right? One thing I'm confused about tho. You said your van only cost $700 dollars to get fixed and you thought it would be like $200 so that was a nice surprise, hu? Is this one of those "counting on your fingers to figure out your tithing" situations or what?
Just wondering. Hope the basement dries out soon! Love, Mom

Holly said...

I was being sarcastic mother. Don't you know me by now??

Becky Noftle said...

Good one Holly, cover up your math computation errors with sarcasm!! J/K! Sometimes the after shocks of 24 hours of damage can drag on for weeks--but chin up at least you don't have strep throat!

Brooke said...

What a freakin mess! At least you didn't have Homie over Pooping,peeing, and vomiting all over the place! Let me know if you need Greg's help. He's pretty handy.

T said...

Oh my gosh! What happened? I can't believe all that hard work down the drain. Is the paint blue? It's really a pretty color. Very calming. Good luck with the handy man stuff.

Shannon said...

I see Brian in the picture - why do you have to fix it all yourself? Where did the water come from? We have two bathrooms upstairs and I just know one of my kids will leave a faucet running someday. Good luck!!

Brenda said...

Ugg. What the heck happened? That royally sucks! And the van? That's when you need a punching bag, really loud music, and just go crazy!!! And I knew you were being sarcastic by the way:)

Louise said...

I have a well thought out excuse for why I didn't catch on to Holly's sarcasm (besides the fact I'm just getting old). Courtney ran out of my hair color and had to use a lighter color this time, so I'm literally "acting blonde". Anyway, its all Courtney's fault and she's visiting her Mom, so she probably won't look at this blog, hee, hee. Mom