Friday, May 30, 2008

Shout out to our Teachers!










Today was our last day (hour) of school for the year. We got up early and went and got the kids' teachers some flowers then headed to school to say Goodbye. We had the MOST AMAZING teachers this year. I left the school in tears, so thankful for the 3 teachers that were so fabulous to my children this year. Kylie's teacher Mrs. Rogers was sooo much fun! For the Fifth Graders she was such a good example and somehow in her teaching of regular subjects taught good values of right and wrong...and making good choices. Kylie absolutely loved Mrs. Rogers and cried as she thought about leaving her. Sydneys teacher Mrs. Loader was absolutely perfect for Sydney. She helped her overcome her anxiety with testing, and helped build her confidence. She was soo patient and kind, and the class was always orderly. Sydney had a change of teachers half way through the school year when Mrs. Murdock got married (earlier post this year), and Mrs. Loader jumped right in and made the transition so easy for the kids. That was not easy as these kids bawled for days when Mrs. Murdock said she was leaving. Tysons teacher Mrs. Pratt...I don't even know where to start with her. She is the most wonderful teacher I have ever seen. She is absolutely amazing. Her patience with the first graders was unbelievable, and the greatest thing she taught Tyson was a true love of learning. He loved going to school every day because of her, and was happy and excited every day after school. Words can not express how I feel about her. I just needed to express my gratitued for these hardworking, dedicated, very talented teachers that we were blessed with this year. It's funny because Brian was getting the kids pumped about the last day of school as we were getting them to bed last night. Tyson, with tears in his eyes said " I want to go back to first grade next year, so I can have Mrs. Pratt again...Dad I don't want school to be over yet." Wow! Brian didn't get it...guess he never had a teacher he loved that much! Here is some pictures of the kids and their teachers, and them on the first and last day of school. The girls picked out the same outfit so we could compare how they've changed over the year. Here's to a FUN summer!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Amen to great teachers. I hate it that I always cry on the first day AND the last day of school! Who knew a great teacher could make me so emotional! Great job this year kiddos and- here's to a great summer!

Granny DeeAnn said...

I'm so glad your kids had great teachers this year! And thanks from one teacher to another that you let them know. Your kidos are growing so fast. Wish you still lived closer so I could see them more often. Not too much longer and they will tower over you. Give them hugs from Great Aunt Dee Ann for a successful school year!
:0)

Louise said...

I'm so glad the kids had a good year. Some teachers are amazing with the amount of time and effort they give to the kids, and we all know how well they are paid, not! Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow Kylie, Sydney and Tyson. I love you all, and congratuations on a great year. Can't wait to see you all in July. Grandma

Brenda said...

Don't you just love that! We loved our first kindergarten teacher and were so sad to leave San Jose. And we have loved our first grade teacher too. We still have a week and a half to go though so we don't have to say goodbye just yet!

Becky Noftle said...

We go to school until the 12th. You guys are sooooo lucky!

melanie said...

We had fabulous teachers this year too! I have been amazed at what Nathan and Kathryn have learned. The only bad thing is now I have anxiety about getting teachers this good next year. They make all the difference! Way to go kids!!

T said...

Sounds like a great year! What a difference great teachers can make! Although, your kids would be loved to pieces no matter what. I just got back from girls camp, when is yours? It will be so fun this year with Kylie!!

Holly said...

Girls camp isn't until end of July (HOT!)YEA Kylie can go!! But today I leave for youth conference rafting down the Green River. I am soo excited!

Anonymous said...

her little titsare really coming in nicely i want her in bed