Sunday, November 2, 2008

OVERWHELMED!!



Overwhelmed! That is all I can think of to express my feelings right now. Today I was sustained as the new Young Womens President in our ward. WHAT?? ME?? ARE YOU SURE?? Those were the words I said to the Bishop when he asked me a week ago. Needless to say this last week has been sleepless, nervous, excited, and feelings of extreme inadequacy's. I am following a President, whom I have served as 2nd counselor for almost 3 years, and she is honestly the most amazing woman you will ever meet. Colleen Terry....remember that name. She will someday serve on the General Board. I am not kidding! She is an institute teacher for UVU and an incredible woman. There is no WAY I will ever fill her enormous shoes! I am going to have to make my own shoes! I have learned so much from her the last few years, and so I feel more prepared than I otherwise would have. We have an incredible YW program right now, with 22 YW who are beautiful, smart, and very strong. I love them. I am very excited about this new adventure, and know I will be stretched to the max. I am ready and willing, so wish me luck! Here is a picture of "my" amazing girls! The ONLY YW not taller than me is Kylie! The blond behind me is the amazing Sister Terry whose gigantic shoes I will be attempting to fill!

11 comments:

Fryer Family said...

You'll do great.. Your an awesome person that will do a great job.. I know I couldn't do it..

Jenny

Granny DeeAnn said...

The bishop couldn't have chosen better. You will make a wonderful YW's president. Just find a pillow to kneel on. Luv you! AD

Granny DeeAnn said...

Oh, good thing you and Brian went to Hawaii before now!!! He will probably be a bachelor dad for a few years~ Ha

Becky Noftle said...

One day at a time, and don't trip over mouse droppings--in other words no one will notice the table centerpieces and New beginnings so don't bother molding plastic grapes to add a "splash" of color!! I sound like I'm on ambien--I swear I'm drug free right now, AD can count her pills and check!!

Brenda said...

Of course you won't be able to fill her shoes. You wear, like, a size 3! Like I said before, you'll be great, you are exactly what the YW need right now and someday it will be your enormous metaphoracle shoes someone else will be trying to fill.

Shannon said...

Holly - you are the BEST!

Louise said...

Of course you don't have to fill her shoes! I've told you since you were 6 and crying because kids at school called you "short" that the best things (and people) in life come in small packages. You've proven that time and time again. Don't sweat the small stuff, look at the big picture. What those girls need right now is you as their YW leader...but your family needs their wife/mother too. That is still your number one priority. You'll be awesome!! Love you!

Jenise said...

I know you will do a good job. You are so good with people. I have always wished I could be a little bit more like you. So don't think you can't do it because you are going to be a great president.

melanie said...

Holly, you will be such a fantastic leader! I love your mom's advice too. YW can overtake a person and your family is first. You'll be a great example to them and your little shoes will be just as hard to fill one day. Love you cuz.

Brooke said...

COngrats.... I think? YOU WILL BE AMAZING! XOXO

kennyandkristin said...

I am going private...email me for an invite.

khowcr2@comcast.net