Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hawaii!!

Aloha friends!! We are home!! Brian and I went to Maui last week...without the kids! We had a fabulous trip and were so grateful to get to spend some quality time together! We were trying to fly standby...but had some trouble getting to Maui so we ended up buying tickets and it was totally worth it! The real good part about it was that we got to spend the night with Brenda's family after she bailed us out of the Santa Anna airport. It was great to see them all! Some of the highlights of the trip were: 1. gorgeous hikes...we hiked and hiked and it was beautiful everywhere we went. 2. snorkeling..didn't see anything real cool this time...but Brian enjoyed it anyway 3. Cruising the island in our convertible! We loved that thing...it was a great excuse for me to ignore my hair for a whole week! We made it to almost every part of the island throughout the week. 4. Lying on the beach being lazy...I know lazy isn't a word I usually describe myself with...but at times on this trip that was all I could do..just simply be lazy! 5. Brian surfed! He got up and loved it...although he was pretty sore for a few days afterwards! 6. Went to a beautiful red sand beach and ran into a nudist guy. I have a picture for you...but you have to look close! I am sure I have missed a TON of things we did...but I am VERY tired so my brain is on pause mode at the moment. There is so much more to say...but I don't know how to put it into words. We were pretty adventurous on this trip and explored every cave, secret beach and hiked to unknown waterfalls. One hike we went on we tramped through a bamboo forest, crossed a dry river bed, scaled a 12 foot high rock wall...and climbed over a waterfall to get to the next one. It was so fun...although I do not recommend it in flip flops!! We missed the kids terribly, but it sounds like they had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa Wade and Aunt Heather. Thanks guys!! We are so glad to be home...but wish we could still be there. We got stuck in LAX airport on the way home so we ended up renting a car and driving 10 hours home after being up for 44 hours straight. Sounds pretty stupid now that I think about it..but we were missing the kids bad and wanted to see them asap!! We had a great trip! Here are a few pictures...although cameras just don't do the beauty of the island any justice!! Hawaii is about my favorite place to go...but there really is no place like home!

We met up with Brian's parents the last day.



This must be what the Garden of Eden looks like!



Brian getting up for the first time surfing. He was so far out my camera didn't work well. He did awesome though!



Sunset



Red sand beach with nude guy. Look close at him hanging on the small tree branch beneath the larger tree branch in the center of the picture. Yikes!!



Right outside our room



Another Pretty waterfall. Maui is FULL of waterfalls!



Brian enjoying the waterfall



This was one of our adventurous hikes to a waterfall


Dinner at Bubba Gumps with Pete and Jess. It was YUMMY!!



This was right outside our resort the first day we were there. Thanks Pete for the nicest place we've ever stayed in!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

You know, there just aren't enough nude beaches around here. Totally kidding! I can't believe you didn't tell me that story! And for the record, we'll bail you out of any airport if it means we get to see you! We miss you! I'm so glad you had a great time!

Shannon said...

Looks wonderful. I am impressed with your adventurous hiking skills!

Jenise said...

I am really glad you had such a good time. I felt so bad that you had such a bad standby experience and ended up having to buy tickets. Shawn has submitted for a refund on the tickets. He doesn't know how much you will get back, but it takes something like 6to 21 days.

Louise said...

You'll soon forget about that money you had to spend on tickets and only remember the fun you had. Glad you had fun, but I must admit I was a little jealous that night you called and I could hear the waves from the ocean...sigh. Do you feel sorry for me yet?

Granny DeeAnn said...

Great pictures Holly. So glad you had so much fun. Hawaii does beat all doesn't it? Time to talke off the rose colored glasses. I'm sure the trip to WA for Thanksgiving won't be quite as warm or serene. Ha

Granny DeeAnn said...

About the music.......
Hey your baby sista helped me with the music thing. You know the baby brat that lives in Calee.... You know the one that goes to the beach and everything. You know the one who doesn't like earthquakes, yeah that one!!! I can send you her directions if ya want!!

T said...

There really is nothing like Hawaii! And you are right, pictures just don't seem to capture how beautiful it really is. I am glad you guys got to go on a couples only trip. Even the rough parts of the trip aren't so bad as long as you are together (and without kids). Sounds like a blast!