Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Where do I begin?

So since we started packing 3 weeks ago, I have completely put of blogging! I was busy the first two weeks packing, unpacking and all of that. But this last week I just haven't blogged because I am so far behind that I don't know where to even begin. Here are a few of the last month's highlights. Sadly it is not very exciting..but I would have it no other way! Caution: long post ahead! 4 weeks is a lot of blogging to catch up on!


First, Brian's best friend from 1st grade until now, Pete, came into town and got Brian GREAT seats to the Jazz game. It happened to be the game after Larry Miller died and they did a tribute to him. They had such good seats, and Brian took about a million pictures of Jazz players that I can not name. Just what I needed, more useless pictures on my computer! I am glad they had a great time though!



Darren Williams handing the game ball to Larry Miller's wife



Brian and Pete outside the Jazz game

Next was Tyson's last Basketball game. Can I just say...what a stud! He must have known that it was his last game and that we had the camcorder going. That boy was on FIRE! He scored 14 points in the first half!! Several people asked me what I fed him for breakfast that morning! He was so fun to watch! Tyson had a fabulous coach who was encouraging, positive, and really taught them a lot about the game. He made this season so great for the kids! I hope we can get him next season! It almost made me sad that the season is over!


Tyson won this war for the loose ball!


I LOVE this picture. Tyson had just made a basket...
look at that grin! :)



Tyson's teammates and his awesome coach

Last weekend we took the kids up to the outdoor sportsman expo in Sandy. They LOVE this every year. The girls went off on their own, so I mostly have pictures of Tyson. He was my little buddy that day. We fished together, golfed together, tied fly fishing lures together, and had a great time hanging out together. Tyson was totally loving all this "outdoor" stuff. It was his day of pure bliss! There was also baby bear cubs there if you wanted to pay $10 to hold them. I told the kids no way...but the girls spent their own money and got a picture with the cute little cubs. They really were unbelievably adorable. Not everyone can say they have held a real bear!




Tyson "fishing"




Tyson "tying" his own fly. He loved this!


The finished product...looks like a fly?



Tyson begged me to buy this for him. If only I ha a few
more dollars in my wallet..it would have been his!



The girls and their baby! (friend Maddie too!)




Now the most exciting news of all.... Yesterday my little brother and his wife Courtney had their new little girl Aftyn. She was 8 lbs 5 or 6 oz (apparently there is a dispute on this). This is their 3rd little girl , and she is soo lucky to have Matt and Courtney as her parents. They ROCK with little girls. She is absolutely adorable and we can't wait to meet her in person...hopefully during spring break!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

You do such fun things with your kids! Congrats on the new niece!

Heather said...

Way to go Tyson! I'm still mad at your mom for not inviting us to your game! What a little stud. Mabye next year we can come watch you tear it up. Love ya'll!

Louise said...

Good recap of your month Holly. I'm hoping you can see Aftyn during spring break too!! Wish I could see Tyson play basketball, what a great way to run off some of his excess energy!

Becky Noftle said...

Way to go Tyson way to go (clap clap)Not to brag or anything but I ran over to Matt and Courtney's and had 15 minutes of snuggle time with Aftyn--best part of my day.