Saturday, March 8, 2008

Back to reality!


We just returned from our family vacation to Atlanta, then on to Orlando. We had a fabulous vacation. We first flew to Atlanta to visit Brians sister Jenise and his brother Kevin. It was great to see their beautiful homes, and visit with them. Atlanta is very pretty, and rich in history too. We went the the Underground where the slaves were sold and it was humbling to be there. Kind of a culture shock to my kids as we were about the only white people there. A little different that Utah! We also went and saw the house where Martin Luther King grew up. We then made the 6 hour drive to Orlando and I was excited to see the south. Little did I know that all we saw for 7 hours was the road straight ahead of us and trees on both sides. Literally, that was the scenery for 7 hours! Pretty trees though! We stayed in Orlando for a week. We went to Sea World, Busch Gardens, did some shopping, and went to a beach off the Atlantic coast (Cocoa beach), and one off the Gulf of Mexico(Clearwater beach). We also drove to Kennedy Space center to see the shuttle Endeavor out on the launch pad, but security woudn't let us get even a glimpse. It's a $40 a person fee to get within 2 miles. Never mind, but it was a fun drive anyway, we saw tons of aligators along the way. I think our favorite stop was Busch Gardens. The place is absolutley beautiful, and there is soo much to see. It had some neat shows, and also had some stinkin' awesome roller coasters. I am a little bit of a wimp when it comes to heights, but I rode every single ride there, and they were soo much fun! A few of their roller coasters have some kind of record: longest, fastest, something like that. There is animals everywhere, and it is good for every age group. Lots to do for everyone! I would go back to that place any day...it was really cool. We are so glad we could get away from the cold for a little while and spend time with Brians family. Thanks for a great vacation everyone! Now its back to reality!

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Dang... we must have just missed you guys. Looks like you all had a great time. We seriously need to get together! We have to catch up! xoxo

Brenda said...

Darn that reality! I'm glad you guys had a great time! We can't wait to see you in less than 2 months!!!!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, but I'd rather be MOVING!! Tee, hee. The pictures are so cute and it looks like a wonderful place to visit. You will have to meke a visit to Vegas after I come back from Spring Break, and see my new pad!! Love you guys. AD

Becky Noftle said...

Michael wants to know which beach you liked better Cocoa or Clearwater?

T said...

It was so great having you guys here. I wished we could have stayed and gone to Busch Gardens with you. The kids had a ball! We came home to snow, and the kids were all depressed. Boston cried and threw a fit when he had to put pants and not shorts on. That kid hates pants. He would wear shorts every day no matter what the weather. I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Shannon said...

I loved looking at all the pictures! Brian's brother used to live in Georgia so we have done the drive from Georgia to Orlando. Anyway - I thought the same exact thing. I was expecting to see some great scenery and all you could see were trees along the sides of the freeway. I think I need a helicopter tour of Florida.

melanie said...

Reality is such a double edged sword. I love vacations but like getting back into the routine. I'm glad you guys had such a good time. Cut pics!

kennyandkristin said...

Kenny told me that you had fun! I am totally jealous. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers lately....we appreciate it.

Brenda said...

It's time to post again lady!

Holly said...

I know..I know! It is a crazy week. Kylie and I are going to an overnight campout with the 5th graders...I'll post then!