Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Catch up time (again!)

Anyone remember last year's wax museum with Kylie being Ruby Bridges? I don't know how to post a link to past blogs, or I would do that. Anyway, it is where all the 5th graders pick a person from the past to research, write a report on themr on, and then dress up like them for their annual wax museum. Then all the parents come and walk through as the kids hold perfectly still, as if they were a wax figure. It must be the teachers favorite day of the year! The kids are amazing at how still they can be, and how creative some were with their costumes. Sydney decided to be Shirley Temple. How could she not, with that curly blond hair and all. She was a pretty great Shirley if I do say so myself. Here are some cute pictures of her and a few other favorites.


Isn't she CUTE?


Gotta love the $4 DI dress!


George Bush




Elvis


Emma Smith (this is Utah people)



and of course Joseph right next to her!



Thomas Jefferson


Sydney's best friend Brooke as Sacagawea

Enough of wax museum, I am sure you are all bored to death. Just in case you are not...let me bore you with Hope of America Pictures. This really is the coolest program ever. The 5th graders do it every year and it is NOT to be missed! Remember last years pictures? Well, this years look EXACTLY the same! Except...this year I got to do it with Sydney's class because they needed someone to keep these kids in line for the actual performance. It was such a different experience this year participating instead of watching. Brian didn't get to come last year so this was his first time with Hope of America. He LOVED it! The kids sang their hearts out and it was so patriotic that you couldn't help but get goose bumps! Sydney and I are the 6th row up starting from the blue row...on the far right. I am in a blue shirt and Sydney is in white with her blonde bun very visible. Can you find us?
Best part of the day? Easy. BYU Mint Brownies!!


Pictures DO NOT do this justice!



Can you find us?

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Besides Shirley Temple, I think George Bush is my favorite. And how funny that a girl is Joseph Smith!

melanie said...

Oh the Utah comment got me Holly. Too funny and so true. All I know is Sydney would make Grandma proud with her polka dot dress and ringlets. Almost brings back (scary) memories, ha!

Isn't it exciting that the year is almost over?! I'm not kidding, we may be up for a visit sometime. I need out of dodge!

Love ya, thanks for all the love and support. You. are. amazing.

Heather said...

Such a cute Shirley Temple. I'm so sad I missed it:( I spotted you two in the picture- you are the same size as all the 5th graders!

Brenda said...

I spotted you too, Syd's hair is hard to miss! Loved the ringlets...they were perfect! Great job Syders! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you!

Becky Noftle said...

Syd is the cutest and call me old I can't spot even when I click on it.

Becky Noftle said...

I've really got to start readin instructions. RIGHT side SYD IN WHITE--found you.

T said...

That program looks awesome, and Sydney looks so cute! A perfect Shirley Temple!