Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mid Summer Nights Dream

Kylie was in a play last night with her 6th grade class. It was Mid Summer Nights Dream by Shakespeare. Kylie was GREAT! She played Helena, who is in love with Demetrius. The kids did a fabulous job, and had a ton of fun. I was glad it was only 45 min long, because honestly I was completely lost the entire time! Plus the chairs were not padded and there were no treats afterward. I never really did understand Shakespeare!
Sorry Kylie's eyes look freaky...I don't have any program to edit and fix them. Or I can't figure it out....

Here is Kylie dreaming of, and chasing after her "love" Demetrius




Something about a spell that put them to sleep?


Kylie was a beautiful Helena!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome Kylie! Too bad your mom didn't tell us about it in time so we could come watch ya :( That is quite a dress- where did you get it??

T said...

Holly, you are so funny! Kylie you look gorgeous. I really love Shakespeare, only because I had a really great teacher in high school who believed in cliff notes. I am amazed they are doing Shakespeare in 6th grade! That's incredible!

Brenda said...

Way to go Kylie! You look beautiful!

melanie said...

So funny Holly. No padding and no treats do make for a long Shakespeare night. Good thing you had such a gorgeous girl on stage to follow. Did she 'get' the story? :)

Becky Noftle said...

Did you make her costume--looks awesome. Kylie you are looking so beautiful and grown up!