Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's that time of year again!

The kids have been tirelessly harassing me to carve pumpkins. I have been putting them off for a while waiting until it got closer to Halloween. Let's face it...once carved, pumpkins last a very short time! Yesterday I had a very frustrating day at work (surprise,surprise!) and I couldn't stop stewing about it. Then when the kids wouldn't cooperate doing homework, I desperately needed a break. It had been a long weekend with Kylie and Sydney sick, me working, and Brian out of town. So, I headed out the door the hit the gym. Somehow I can get all my frustrations out on the treadmill. It is so therapeutic for me! Anyway, when I got home Grandpa had taken Kylie to the store and they came home with PUMPKINS, and DONUTS!! We carved and painted, had donuts and hot chocolate, and had a GREAT time! It made for the perfect FHE night! I am so grateful for Brian's parents who are aware of the days I am struggling, and step in to help. They are so good to us. Kylie painted Sponge Bob, Tyson drew his all by himself and then Dad carved it, Sydney and I created a "sick" pumpkin (too much candy I guess!, and Grandpa carved a great looking pumpkin too! Grandma was in charge of pictures. I feel so helpless without a camera still, so that was MUCH appreciated! It is snowing like crazy outside right now. Winter has arrived. Guess it had to happen soon or later, although I would have preferred later! Happy Halloween!

The finished products! Don't they look great!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Great lookin' pumpkins and Syd's is very appropriate given the medical drama you've all dealt with the past few days. Hope everyone is feeling better! Love you!

Heather said...

Still not a single snow-flake here! Crazy how you guys got snow just 14 miles away! My boys are bumming big time- they feel so cheated without the snow! Your pumpkins look great. Why didn't you invite me to go to the gym?

B. Chad said...

I can't get over how big your kiddos are!! It has been way to long since we have gotten the families together. I am so glad that we found out that you have a blogg, now we can feel like we are keeping in touch :)

Granny DeeAnn said...

Love the pumpkins! Ugh... pumpkin guts! Sometimes it's good grandma lives 1000 miles away. Hanging stockings are much cleaner. I wish I could feel the same way as you do Holly about the gym. The only workout I get is from.... the TV clicker? Huh, what? Give all the little piggies a hug from AD. Sorry about the flu. Lov ya all.

Becky Noftle said...

Keep your chin up Holly--remember Joy in the Journey, RIGHT!!

Becky Noftle said...

Had to explain the puking pumpkin guts to Sammi---she gets it now!!

Louise said...

I agree with AD about the pumpkin guts, yuck, I always hated carving pumkins, and they were never as cute as yours are. Maybe we needed Ralph around! Glad the girls are feeling better-oh, and keep the snow in Utah, we don't want it yet. Thanks