Monday, October 19, 2009

Lehi Frenzy Swim Team!

Swim meet season has begun. Here we go again! After a nice year long break, the girls are back at it. They had a week and a half of practice and then their first meet was this weekend. I almost forgot how stinking LONG swim meets are! Almost! Friday was 4-9p.m. and Saturday 9-12am.This was a much larger meet than normal though, so it was a not such a great way to break us in slowly! And of course, out of those 8 hrs your child swims an average of 6 min total, between all of their events! Let me tell you, those 6 minutes are pretty exciting though! Kylie and Sydney did AWESOME!! Brian and I were soo proud of them!I thought it would take a month or two before they were back in shape and in competing form. WRONG! They both kicked butt at their meet, and cut major time off each of their events. Kylie shaved 13 seconds off her 100 free and Sydney 9 seconds off her 100 IM. ( 100IM Is Individual Medley which is 25 yards of each of the 4 strokes: butterfly, back, breast and free). Their coach was impressed and knows they will continue to shave time off as they get in better shape. It was so fun to watch them and see them improve from last year. We even came home with a couple ribbons! Now if it just wasn't so HOT, LOUD, CROWDED, and FOREVER LONG in those dang indoor pools! Also, I really need to learn how to photograph swimmers. I manage to snap the picture as soon as they go under the water every time! It is a lot harder than it looks! I still have no camera (sigh...) so I used Heathers, and her camera is a little too fancy for me. Seriously these pictures are terrible. Heather tells me after the meet...that I need hold down the button half way to focus, and then take the picture. Oops...but now I know, so no more blurry pictures I promise!

Sydney in her first event (purple cap) 100 IM (look at her in the lead!)



Kylie stepping up on the block for her first event (crummy picture I know)


Kylie was smiling the whole time during her 100 breast stroke
So glad she is having FUN!



Swimming fast is EXHAUSTING! Sydney's well deserved nap!


We have such an awesome group of kids on the team, fabulous coaches, and the girls are having a GREAT time. Go Lehi Frenzy!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Way to go girls! You totally get your swimming fins from your Aunt Brenda (you know, the aunt that can't even dive). Love you!

Granny DeeAnn said...

Must be the Wade or Bishop genes. I sink to the bottom of the pool. Come to think of it, I don't even like to get wet. No wonder I smell! Ha lol............. Go Wades!! Kick um in the bubble! Luv AD.

Heather said...

The girls were so fun to watch! I am amazed at their endurance! It made me tired just watching! Keep it up girls, and while you're at it, why don't you burn a few calories for me.

Louise said...

Makes me tired just reading about it! So glad they're having fun and getting into shage all at the same time. Keep it up girls, wish I could watch you!