Sunday, January 6, 2008

Merry Christmas...a little late!








So, now that it's well into the New Year I am going to finally post my Christmas blog. We have been out of town from the 26th to the 4th. So thats my excuse. We had a wonderful Christmas, and a great trip to Washington to visit the family. The cousins had a blast, and they actually got a long really well. The way home was hairy...it took us 18 hours with 2 road closures to wait out (6 hours of waiting to be exact) and 7 upside down semi trucks along the way. Major high winds, snow, rain, and just about anything else you could think of. We made it though and are excited for 2008. It'll be great! My Christmas cards are done, addressed, and just waiting to be sent. It'll get done...just no promises on when!

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Those pj's are so cute!

One of my scariest memories is driving to Washington (from UT) with you and Heather and Becky I think, and it was dark and FOGGY and you were driving/sobbing and we all thought we were going to die. What is the deal with that drive?

Brenda said...

You didn't tell the story of Brian's cell phone:0) I had so much fun with you guys, we miss you!

Brooke said...

I am glad you guys made it there and back safe. I worried about you all! xoxo

melanie said...

I would have needed medication to make it home! Scary!! It was so fun to see you and if I didn't have a week old baby in the car I would have braved it on New Year's Eve. Your kids look so cute in their jammies.

Heather said...

Cute kids! What's the story with Brian's cell phone? Now I have to know.

Holly said...

We got stuck in LeGrande, OR because the roads were closed. When we pulled up to the first gas station to get a snack and use the restroom...all the power was out in town. Brian had to go pee really bad and it was PITCH DARK in the restroom. He tried using his cell phone as a light and he dropped it in the toilet. Luckily it dried out and is fine! We ended up being there for 4 hours!

Becky Noftle said...

She was sobbing about the road conditions or her hair?

Holly said...

You're funny Becky!I am sure it was the hair!

Shannon said...

LOL - it must have been what the fog was doing to her hair. I even think she threw the curling iron across the car.

Holly said...

You guys have terrible memories. You are too old to remember details from that long ago. My memory is much younger and accurate. I was sobbing because I knew none of us were qualified to drive in that kind of weather! Oh and remember when the chinese couple rear ended us on top of the blue mountains in the colt! ha ha

Shannon said...

Loved the colt!