Thursday, September 11, 2008

Surfin' USA


Brian's new hobby is surfin'! That's right...who knew you could surf in Utah? With a beautiful view of the mountains behind you! He and his buddy go out on the boat about once a week and Brian LOVES surfing behind the boat. It creates a special kind of wake similar to that in the ocean. (So they tell me) He started out holding on to the rope...but now doesn't need it, and he can even do a few tricks! I'm glad he gets a little time to play once in a while. He always comes home and tells me how good he did that time. He can't wait to try surfing in the ocean when we go to Hawaii next month. Somehow I don't think it is going to be the same. I'm not going to crush his hopes though! I'll be right there lying on the beach watching him try, and try, and probably try some more. (Notice I said I will NOT be trying with him!)

8 comments:

Brenda said...

MOM! HOLLY'S BEEN TO HAWAII ALREADY AND I HAVEN'T. IT'S NOT FAIR! IT'S MY TURN!!!!! Think that will work? I'm actually pretty impressed Bri. Good luck next month! And have fun!!!

T said...

That's so cool! Holly, I don't blame you one little bit for not trying the surfing thing. Why would you beat yourself to death in the surf and possibly get eaten alive by a shark, when you could get beautifully bronzed skin relaxing on the beach with no children?

Louise said...

Stay in the beach Holly, but take your video camera along, it might be pretty funny! Brenda, have I ever told you that life isn't always fair? Just ask Becky, she's WAY older than you and still hasn't been to Hawaii...

Granny DeeAnn said...

Ha, ha! Hang ten Brian!!!

Jenise said...

Go Brian. Leave it to Brian to find a way. That is the brother I know and love.

melanie said...

Oh no, another 'boat' thing Milo wants to try one day. Looks great Brian and my mom's comment cracks me up. Hang ten I guess!!

Brooke said...

he looks like a pro! He needs to come surfing with greg. How fun! I can't believe you guys are going to Hawaii again! WTH? xoxo

Shannon said...

Hey - maybe you will see some secret scenes being filmed for LOST. I love that show.